Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Quick Quotes Spring Pocket Letter and ATC's

Hello, Alicia here today.  I may have gotten carried away playing with the new 2018 PowderPuff Chalking Inks.  I have stenciled, stamped, distressed and colored with latest colors plus a few others.


First I created a pocket letter to send to my sister.  I wanted to feature the Spring Showers paper with it's gorgeous flowers on the woodgrain background.  I tried to accent the papers with various spring die cuts and embellishments while keeping the continuity of the print.



I began my idea for this project with a template I created from a project during last year's Mini Reserve class.  It served it's purpose very well.  My paper piece turned out super.



I still wanted each piece to be a stand alone work as well.  On this piece I just layered die cuts, ribbons and gems while distressing with inks.


As with any good pocket letter, I have enclosed goodies on the back side for my sister to enjoy.


A close up of some more of the pockets, if you are not familiar, ATC's and pocket letters are 2.5"x3.5".  Pocket letters use baseball card holders.


Illustrated below are two of the techniques I used.  The first row of photos use PowderPuff chalking inks to stamp a word.  The next photos show me using a water brush to color the image.


I also made some individual ATC's with scraps.  I played with several stencils on these projects.  I added washi tape, gems, die cuts, layered stickers and sequins.  I inked all the edges with coordinating PowderPuff Chalking Inks.




I used a couple of  different colors of ink on the feather for the first ATC. I started with Key Largo then I inked just the edges with Tropical Punch. On the second, I did a partial background stenciling to add interest and make the layers pop.


Quick Quotes Products:

other products:
dies by Sizzix, Stamplorations
butterflies by Prima
gems and washi tape by Recollections
glitter ribbon by American Crafts
stencils by Kite (Judikins)
stamps from Graphic 45 and others
sequins


Thanks so much for stopping by today.



1 comment:

  1. Your pocket letter is amazing!!

    I have never made one but wow!!!

    ReplyDelete